Favorite SWFL Places
Dave & Joys Favorite Beaches, Parks & Places Lee County
- http://www.thefishtalemarina.com/ Fish Tale Marina Fort Myers Beach. Fish Tale Marina has it all at a great location! Fishing Charters, Boat Rentals, Dolphin /Sunset Cruises, Calusa Indian Mound House tour*, Ships Store with everything you need to catch the fish & look great doing it, Resturants & one of a kind shops.
- http://www.floridapiratecruise.com/home Pirate Cruise Pieces of Eight. I recommend Sunset Cruise! The staff was unbeilevable! It is so interactive for the kids & a full bar for the big kids. Took my grandson and he had a blast!
- https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Lovers-Key I've been to many beautiful beaches around the world, Lovers Key doesn't take a back seat to any of them! Must see, many activities, Tram will take you from parking right to the Beach. Kayak rentals, Boat ramp, Bathrooms on the beach, Bike paths & More.
- http://www.mysanibel.com/Departments/Public-Works-Including-Utility-and-Parks-Maintenance/Parks-Public-Beaches/Public-Beach-Information Sanibel Beaches are some of the best in the world. Blind pass is my favorite, but only 24 parking spots so you have to go early. Light House Point is my second choice.
- https://www.leegov.com/parks/facility?fid=0036 Doggie Beach. Best to take fido when the tides are lower. Great place to Paddle Board or Kayak
- http://www.leegov.com/parks/facility?fid=0025 Bunche Beach Preserve. If you wake up late and want to avoid the FMB bridge traffic, try Bunche Beach. I recommend the Kayak rentals.
- http://www.farmermikesupick.com/ I discovered Farmer Mikes on my grandaughters school field trip. Amazing U-pick Stawberries,Tomatos & Flowers. Farmers Market, Fresh citrus you can eat here or ship to yankee friends. Cafe with great fresh food.
- http://corkscrew.audubon.org/about/sanctuary Corkscrew Audubon Sanctuary. Experience & Learn the real Florida. The heart & soul of the West Everglades.
- http://www.sunharvestcitrus.com/ Sunharvest Citrus. Everyone loves the fresh Citrus, juice & Fruit samples, baked goods & ICE CREAM! A Must experience.
â€‹Resturants & Bar's
Flippers on the Bay. My favorite waterfront Restaurant! We always go by boat, but you can also go by car. Its on the North tip of Lovers Key Island.
Sunny's Resturant Locally owned and managed Breakfast & Lunch. US 41 & Island Park Road in South Fort Myers. Say Hello to Debbie, the hardest working business owner I know. She'll make you feel at home.
Meades BBQ Alico Rd. Say Hello to Art & Rhonda. Art is a truly passionate Chef who loves to please.
2 Meatballs in the Kitchen has a great atmosphere & food. South Fort Myers, Daniels Pwy. West of I-75
Authentic New England Sea Food. If you can stomach the Patriots & Tom Brady decor lol, the atmoshere, people & sea food is fantastic.
Nothing fancy here just great Sea Food, friendly service & Great people. South Fort Myers on US 41
http://www.naplesgov.com/index.aspx?NID=581 Lowdermilk Park is my second choice for Naples Beaches. Very family friendly with gazebo's, playgrounds & ampel parking. Like all Naples beaches get there early if you want a good spot.
Conservancy of Southwest Florida Must visit! So much more than animal and enviromental exibits. Great place for kids & parents to learn about SWFL wildlife and enviroment. Boat tour is a must.